The Correlation Between Self-Control and Social Media Addiction (Instagram) In SMA Harapan 1 Medan

Purba, Anna Wati Dewi and Istiana, Istiana and Wahyuni, Nini Sri (2020) The Correlation Between Self-Control and Social Media Addiction (Instagram) In SMA Harapan 1 Medan. In: ICONSEIR 2019, 17 December 2019, Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia.

[thumbnail of PDF]
Preview
Text (PDF)
eai.17-12-2019.2296000.pdf - Published Version

Download (144kB) | Preview

Abstract

The objective of this study is to find the correlation between self-control and social media addiction (Instagram) of teenagers. This research uses a quantitative approach, and samples a total of 62 teenagers in the XI class in SMA Harapan 1 Medan, with purposive sampling. Data retrieval is done using two scales, namely self-control and social media addiction (Instagram). Data analysis using product moment correlation techniques with rxy = -0.419; p = 0.000 < 0.05, meaning that there is a negative correlation between self-control and social media addiction, which indicates that the higher the self-control then the lower the social media addiction. Instead, the lower the self control then the higher the social media addiction. Thus the hypothesis proposed is accepted. Based on the research result, the contribution self-control in social media addiction is 17.6% and the rest is 82.4% affected by other factors

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Uncontrolled Keywords: self control social media addiction teenagers
Subjects: H Social Sciences > H Social Sciences (General)
Depositing User: EAI Editor IV
Date Deposited: 15 Jul 2021 11:37
Last Modified: 15 Jul 2021 11:37
URI: https://eprints.eudl.eu/id/eprint/4732

Actions (login required)

View Item
View Item